Hi there! Warm welcome to SpunOut.ie! Here's the suss on all you need to know before submitting your article or multimedia.
Our Publishing Policy
- We love pretty pictures AND words AND sounds. And gritty hard-hitting ones too. You can submit all types of media and we welcome a wide variety of opinions.
- All articles must be under 1000 words (ish).
- All articles must be well written. You ain't gotta be no A grade English student. However, you do need to be able to express your opinion clearly and keep us from falling asleep.
- Be original. You're a legend, so let it show!
- Get yo facts straight! We request a list of sources for all facts used and contact details for all interviewees.
- SpunOut.ie may edit contributions that you submit and we reserve the right to publish edited contributions without your prior approval. We may also ask you to edit a contribution before publishing if it just needs a wee polish.
- SpunOut.ie may decide not to print your name on contributions that deal with sensitive or personal issues. You may also request that a contribution is published anonymously.
- SpunOut.ie assumes non-exclusive publication rights on all submissions.
- Contributions will be published online and may be reproduced in SpunOut.ie’s print publications or in a in a print media partnership.
- We ask that all submissions are from people aged between 16-25 years of age as that is our target audience.
Thanks, but no thanks to...
- Content already published on SpunOut.ie: Always check whether the issues you intend to write about are already covered in SpunOut.ie. You may write an opinion piece or alternative view on topics dealt with in SpunOut.ie but we will not publish duplicate info.
- Unreliable info: If there are facts, quotes or statistics in your article a reference to the publication or website where you sourced the information must be included.
- Plagiarism: Articles must be original (written in your own words: not copied from any other website or publication).
- Personal abuse or allegations against individuals or groups: SpunOut.ie will not publish anything that is an attack on another person.
- Submissions that indicate discrimination, prejudice, hatred, insults or misinformation. Go away.
- Submissions that have religious, political or commercial agendas.
- Submissions from people who are outside our target audience of 16-25 years of age.
All content chosen for publication graces our homepage within 1-2 weeks (usually MUCH quicker unless we're hitting the tea breaks too hard), so be sure to stay tuned to our website for your masterpiece! Q's? firstname.lastname@example.org