Exam and study tips
Links to exam and study tips
Unfortunately exams and study are an inevitable part of student life. It may not be much fun, but can be made a little easier with some thought and planning. With that in mind we’ve put together 10 study tips to help you ace that exam.
- Make a study timetable Structure your study and give equal time to each subject. Even the ones you don’t like.
- Have a clutter free study environment Try to study at a desk and keep it free from clutter. Avoid studying on your bed as you'll just be tempted to get under the covers!
- Easily distracted? Try downloading an app like selfcontrolapp.com on your internet browser that can block websites like Facebook or twitter for a certain length of time.
- Mix it up Use different study techniques and don't be afraid to try new things.
- Use past exam papers Going over past exam papers will help you prepare for the exam and get a feel for what the paper will be like.
- Don't leave it all till the last minute Studying is like a marathon, you have to be in it for the long haul. Leaving everything to the last minute will leave you feeling overwhelmed and unable to focus. Plus you won't have enough time to revise everything!
- Reward yourself Study can be soul destroying. Treat yourself after a productive study session.
- Get enough sleep Avoid staying up all night cramming before an exam as you'll need all your energy the next day and a lack of sleep will affect your concentration.
- Talk to someone if you feel that your exam stress is getting out of hand and becoming unmanageable. Speak to a friend, teacher or lecturer- don't keep things bottled up.
- Remember that it will all be worth it When your motivation has hit an all time low, visualise yourself picking up your exam results and doing well.
Check out some of our best articles with exam and study tips below.
Tips on prepping for your exams
Opinion: study tips
It’s not easy knuckling down to study. Andrew gives his tips for getting into good study habits.
Eat your way to exam success
Food blogger Avril gives her tips on nourishing your brain during exam time
Opinion: Exam time
Joanna gives her advice for surviving exams
Opinion: Staying healthy during exams
Avoid getting sick during exams
Staying calm on exam morning
Keeping it cool on exam morning
Tips on acing your exam paper
If you would like to share your study tips or advice with SpunOut.ie, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org