Remember, school is only part of your life...not your whole life.
Let's face it: there aren't many of us who really love school. However, it's a necessary evil and well worth the effort if you go on to study or work in something that you love. Remember, school is only part of your life - not your whole life. So make time for friends, for the stuff you love doing and follow these tips for a great year ahead!
- Do your homework and fit in regular study... it really does make school life easier (honestly).
- Try to stay on good terms with your teachers. Remember teachers are humans too. (Well most of them anyway!)
- Think carefully about your subject choices. Choose the subjects that you like and don’t choose a subject because everyone else is doing it.
- Ask your teachers for help if you have worries (bullying, problems at home, school stress, etc.) or questions (what to do after school, how best to prepare for exams, etc.). Teachers are there to help you through everything at school – not just preparation for exams.
- Find an escape from school worries – be it music, sport, chilling with friends or family, gigs or a good film/book.
- Get your sleep so that you don't zzzzzzz in class!
- Don’t stress about being popular: it’s about a million times better to have one real friend than lots of people who only like you for your façade.
- If you’re being bullied: TELL SOMEONE!! Even if it’s just your friend who’s not going to be able to do anything about it, always talk.
- Prepare to hear it for the millionth time: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Seriously though, it helps your concentration and makes avoiding sweets and crisps at break much easier.
- Remember not to bottle things up. If you’re feeling frustrated, angry or want-to-kill-the-world-ish; vent it on your pillow, scream it from your lungs or chat about it with someone you trust - maybe a close friend or anonymous online buddy.