What Social Welfare payments can I retain when I enter employment?
A list of payments you can claim while working or studying part time
If you are unemployed and returning to work or education, you may be entitled to continue to receive your social welfare payment.
Your eligibility for continued payment will depend on your circumstances, and the type of work or course you are participating in.
Below is a list of some of the schemes eligible for both social welfare payments, and work for education.
- Jobseeker's Allowance and Work
- Jobseeker's Benefit and Work
- Jobseeker's Allowance and Freelance Work
- Back to Education Initiative
- Back to Education Allowance - Second Level
- Back to Education Allowance - Third Level
- Back to Education Allowance - Postgraduate
- Vocational Training Opportunity Scheme
Find out more about these by calling in to your local Social Welfare Office or Intreo.