Colouring books for adults are a great way to relieve stress
Tired and stressed out? It may be time to pick up a colouring book and some pencils.
There’s no doubt that 2015 will be seen as the rise of the adult colouring book. At one stage this year, Amazon had 5 adult colouring books in its top 10 bestsellers. As the craze shows no sign of slowing down we thought we’d give you a few reasons why it may be time to invest in a pack of markers again.
So what’s all the fuss about?
Whether it's to relax, unwind or meditate there are many reasons to pick up a colouring book and start colouring in.
- People say that there’s something relaxing and rewarding about transforming something black and white into something colourful and pretty to look at.
- You don’t need to be plugged in or have a battery life to take part.
- It can be relaxing to concentrate solely on one thing.
- Gives you the chance to feel nostalgic about your childhood.
- Sense of satisfaction in finishing something.
- Allows you to switch off from any stress by just concentrating on what you’re colouring in.
- It has long been known that art therapy can be useful process for many people. Psychologists have also said that something as simple as colouring in can be a good distraction from stress and anxiety too.
- Some people find it useful in helping them relax before bed which in turn aids sleep.
- You don’t have to splash the cash on expensive colouring books. Check out some Facebook groups or websites which have designs you can print off for free.
Forget the sceptics, go on and give it a try, and don’t forget to stay between the lines!