This team sport is getting more and more popular
What is it?
Ultimate frisbee is a competitive team sport, played using a frisbee. It began in America in the 1960s.
How do you do it?
Points are scored in the game by throwing the frisbee to a teammate who is on the other side of the field. You can find full instructions here. In Ultimate Frisbee, there is no referee and no physical contact with other players.
Where you can do it?
If you’re in college, there may be an Ultimate Frisbee club on campus. Check out the Irish Ultimate Frisbee website for a calendar of events near you.
What do you need to play?
- Two team of 2-7 players on each side.
- A frisbee (you can play with any kind but it is recommend that you play with a special kind, purposely made for playing the game)
- A large outdoor field, with two endzones marked off at either end
- Comfortable clothes and runners
Who would it suit?
This is a team sport, so it's a great opportunity to meet other people!
What are the benefits?
- It increases endurance .
- It helps to burn calories
- It increases agility
- It is a full body workout
- It can boost your mood and provides an opportunity for social interaction
- It can improve your team work skills