Ways to save money while shopping
From apps to student discounts, there are many ways to save money
Shopping for new clothes is always fun, that is until you find out that the shirt you just tried on is way out of your budget. We’ve put together a list of things you can do in order to save money while shopping.
- After you have found an item that you really like, be sure to scope out competition stores to see if they have the same item for a lower price.
- Trying to find a lower price, will give you the opportunity to seek out possible coupons/discounts and think about if you really need to buy this item as well.
Don’t impulse buy
- Always try and think carefully before purchasing anything while shopping- especially if it is expensive.
- Try to take some time to sleep on it and see how you feel about it afterwards.
Always ask for student discounts
- The only bad thing that can come out of you asking for a student discount is the salesperson saying ‘no.’
- So be sure to always ask for a student discount when you are checking out- some of the stores that you would least expect having a student discount end up having one.
- Topshop, Topman, Urban Outfitters, and Oasis are just a few of the stores that offer student discounts, you can find more here.
- In today’s world there is an app for everything, which nonetheless includes money saving shopping apps.
- Reep Rewards, Which? Reviews, Pricespy, Vouchercloud and DoneDeal are just a few of the apps that help save you money while shopping.