Book your place at the YOUth Summit on Migration and Sustainable Development Goals
Aged 15-25? This might be the event for you
Interested in finding out more about how you can make a difference when it comes to migration and the Sustainable Development Goals? Well this could be the event for you.
At this event:
- You will participate interactively to learn more about Migration and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- You will hear from young people about their personal experiences.
- You will meet people and organisations who are taking action on Migration.
- You will have the opportunity to discuss the issues and take away ideas for yourself/community/school/organisation.
- You will have the opportunity to feed into a longer term youth-led advocacy project.
The Naval Services will also run a workshop for participants.
- Young people connect personally to the theme of migration. Explore the idea that people have always moved and are connected to people and places.
- Increase understanding and openness to the experience of migrants or those from a migrant background in Ireland.
- Introduce inspiring role models – young people using creativity to express their voices and bring about change.
- Consider ways to make positive change and what role young people can play.
The 17 Sustainable Development (Global) Goals will be used as a way of supporting learning about Migration (its causes and consequences; positives and negatives) and educating peers, colleagues, policy makers, politicians, and the public on key issues relating to Migration.
In particular, the following goals will be explored: Goal 10 Inequality; Goal 1 & 2 Poverty and Hunger; Goal 16 Peace and Justice; and Goal 13 Climate Action.
We can be the first generation to end extreme poverty, the most determined generation in history to end injustice and inequality, and the last generation to be threatened by climate change.
One World Week
One World Week 2016 takes place from November 12-20. One World Week is a week of youth-led awareness raising, education and action where young people learn about local and global justice issues and are empowered to take action to bring about positive change.