Care Leavers Network launches in Dublin
Find out more about the work of the Care Leavers Network
What is a care leaver?
Care Leaver means a person who was in institutional care or other form of out-of-home care, including foster care, as a child or youth (or both) at some time in their lives.
The objectives of the Irish Care Leaver Network are to:
- To assist Care Leavers to gain access to information and services.
- To raise public awareness of the history and ongoing consequences of past treatment of Care Leavers.
- To provide a network through which Care Leavers can communicate with each other and share their experiences.
- To advocate and lobby the government and other institutions or organisations to provide acknowledgement, redress, and support services for Care Leavers.
- To assist in the provision of an after care plan for recent care leavers.
- To develop research and policy papers for care leavers and organisations.
- To seek funds from all sources whether government or private for all the aims and objects set out above.