Make mental health a priority
Join Mental health reform in their general election campaign to make mental health a priority
The Our state of mind campaign is asking you to remind every candidate you meet to make mental health a priority and to seek five key improvements:
- A nationwide school programme to build good mental health
- Easy access to counselling
- Access to 24/7 crisis supports
- A right to advocacy support
- A right to make one’s own decisions about mental health treatment through advance healthcare directives
What you can do
- Give a Mental Note to candidates and canvassers when they call to your door as a reminder to prioritise mental health reform. You can order your Mental Note pack from Mental Health Reform.
- Tell candidates and canvassers why mental health matters to you. Talk about the one Mental Health Reform recommendation that means the most to you.
- Share the campaign with every candidate in your constituency. Share it on your own social media using the hashtag #Ourstateofmind
- Come to our candidates' debates on mental health in Castlebar on 14th December 12-2pm and in Dublin on 13th January 6.30-8.30pm to have your say and to hear what the various parties' plans are for mental health, if elected.