#RockTheRegister this November 16th
Get out for National Voter Reg Drive
Find out more about what's involved in the registration process:
- What is known as the 'draft register' of electors (people who have a vote), was published on November 1st;
- Between November 1st and November 25th, people are invited to review that draft and send in any 'claims' to it - either additions, or deletions;
- You can also use this time, as a potential voter, to in effect, 'claim an addition' to the draft register, i.e. register for the first time;
- This period closes on November 25th, and is published on November 30th;
- This version doesn't actually make you an official voter until February 2017 (so if there is an election between now and February, those who claim edits or apply to be a voter during this period won't officially be registered)
- The RFA1 Form itself can be downloaded from here.
Make sure to use your permanent addresses when sending off the form, and forward the envelope to your local county councils, addressed to 'Corporate Services/Franchise Section'.