Supporting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Young People in Ireland
The Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) want to hear from young people aged 15 - 24 in relation to how we can all make Ireland a better place for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex young people.
The Government is currently developing a new strategy to improve the lives of LGBTI+ young people in Ireland.
As part of the strategy development process, there are a number of events happening around the country to listen to the voices and the experiences of LGBTI+ young people.
Take a look at the schedule below and sign up for an event near you to have you say.
National Consultations Schedule
- May 13 - Dublin Youth consultation, Croke Park Conference Centre - Registration: 11am with refreshments, lunch will also be provided. - The event will finish at 3.30pm.
- May 16 - Galway youth consultation, NUIG Árasmoyola Classroom MY219 - Registration: 6.00pm - Workshop: 6.30pm-9.00pm.
- May 17 - Waterford youth consultation, Edmund Rice Youth & Community Multiplex, Manor Street, Waterford - Registration: 6.00pm - Workshop: 6.30pm-9.00pm.
- May 18 - Dundalk youth consultation, Outcomers Centre, The Coach House, 8 Roden Pl, Townparks, Dundalk - Registration: 6.00pm - Workshop: 6.30pm-9.00pm.
- May 20 - Cork youth consultation, Venue TBC - Registration: 11am - Workshop: 11.30am – 2pm.
The events are open to those aged between 15 and 24 years of age. Refreshments will be provided at all locations.
Please note that all those attending must send a completed Parent/Guardian Consent form (under 18) or a Young Adult Assent form (over 18) to LGBTIyouthstrategy@dcya.gov.ie (You can ask for the forms at this email address too)