The European Charlemagne Youth Prize 2018
Enter now for your chance to win €7500 and a trip to the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg
Funded by the European Parliament
What is the European Charlemagne Youth Prize?
The European Charlemagne Youth Prize is a prize which aims to encourage active youth participation in the development of Europe. Since 2008 the European Parliament together with the Foundation of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen have been inviting young people from all EU Member States to submit European integration projects which have been run by and are for young people.
What types of projects can be submitted?
The projects can focus on the organisation of various youth events, youth exchanges or online projects with the aim of:
- Promoting European and International understanding.
- Fostering the development of a shared sense of European identity and integration.
- Providing role models for young people living in Europe and offer practical examples of Europeans living together as one community.
Click here to read about previous winners’ projects.
- Applications are open to young people between 16-30 from any EU Member State.
- Projects can be submitted as individuals or in groups.
- The project must have started and been finished between 1 January 2017 and 29 January 2018 or still running.
Click here to find the full list of competition rules
What could be won?
The prize for the best project is €7500 , 2nd place is €5000 and 3rd is €2500. The 3 winners are also invited to visit the European Parliament in Brussels or Strasbourg. You can find full details of all prizes won here.
When do the projects have to be submitted by?
The application deadline is the 29/1/2018 and applications can be submitted here.