Young Voices - Have your say on diversity, identity, inclusion
The National Youth Council of Ireland is hosting an event and it wants to hear from you
Next month, the first round of conversations will be happening with young people (aged 15-30) as part of a programme over the next 18 months all across the EU.
Organised by the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI), they want to hear from young people who know first-hand about diversity, identity, inclusion (or exclusion and isolation), connectedness, integration and belonging in Ireland and the EU of today.
Things to consider before applying are:
- Is the news we hear from Europe affecting you personally?
- Is Europe forgetting you with all its other concerns?
On Tuesday 22 March, the NYCI want to invite young people to take a first look at this theme and explore the; opportunities, obstacles, and pressing issues. Three young people from Ireland will travel as delegates to the EU Youth Conference in Amsterdam in April and they will take the views and sentiments from the day with them and represent the voices of young people in Ireland.
- WHO? Young people 15 - 30yrs who want to have their voices heard
- WHAT? An opportunity for young people to explore issues like 'identity', 'diversity', 'inclusion' and to influence policy at national and European level.
- WHEN? March 22nd 11.00am to 3.30pm
- WHERE? Pearse st Library, Dublin
This is NOT a once off event! The "flow" of these conversations over the 18 months will essentially be, exploration - consultation - recommendations - implementation.
To find out more, register for the event here.