Are you aged between 16 and 25 and passionate about climate justice? Are you experienced in making TikToks? Would you like the opportunity to be involved in a health promotion and social justice campaign? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the spunout Digital Climate Conversations project.
What is the Digital Climate Conversations project?
The Digital Climate Conversations project will create an engaging, interactive series of conversations on climate justice. The project will be designed and led by young people, supported by the spunout team, and will run from August to November 2022. The conversations will be recorded in video or podcast format and promoted across spunout social media platforms, especially TikTok.
What will the project committee do?
The project committee will lead this project with support from the spunout team. You will decide what climate justice issues the conversations should be about, who they should be with and what they should look like. You will also help to lead and produce the videos and have the opportunity to record them in a studio environment. It is an amazing opportunity for you to guide a project that will have a positive impact on young people across Ireland, and educate them on the most important issues when it comes to climate justice.
What will I be expected to do?
The focus of this project will be climate justice and how to create videos that are fun and engaging to watch. A passion for climate justice issues, experience in creating your own video content, or interest in hosting a climate conversation series would be ideal.
We expect you to:
- Be able to commit to volunteering on this project from August to November 2022 for approximately 2-3 hours per month
- Be able to meet in person 2 to 3 times over the course of the project (your travel costs will be covered)
- Attend regular online check in meetings to make sure the project is on track
How will I benefit from being involved?
- Experience being part of a national health promotion and social justice campaign
- Have the opportunity to connect with other young people who are passionate about climate justice
- Receive multimedia training
- Experience producing and hosting videos
- Help to spread awareness of climate justice issues amongst other young people in Ireland
- Develop and strengthen your teamwork, communication and project management skills
- Receive a certificate of completion and the option to receive a reference based on your involvement in the project.
What are the next steps?
If you are interested in getting involved please fill out the form below by Sunday August 14th. Places are limited so we will be in touch to let you know if you have been successful by Tuesday August 16th.
If you have any questions please email Sinead, Head of Engagement, at [email protected].