Help lead SpunOut.ie by joining an Action Panel near you
We need young people from all around Ireland to take ownership of Ireland's youth information website
SpunOut.ie’s core mission is to create and maintain Ireland’s youth information website “by young people, for young people”. The Action Panel has been central to living this philosophy for the last six years.
We have big and exciting changes ahead for the SpunOut.ie Action Panel, and we’re looking for young people across Ireland to join us and help to lead SpunOut.ie.
What is the SpunOut.ie Action Panel?
The SpunOut.ie Action Panel works to help the organisation understand the information needs of young people. They do this by:
- Taking part in discussions on the issues facing young people in Ireland today
- Guiding us on what young people want to know about
- Generating solutions to the needs of young people
- Providing leadership to the organisation on which campaigns and issues the site should focus on
The Action Panel are there to represent the voices of young people. The importance of their input is shown in their involvement in the company structure and the significant role the panel plays within the organisation.
The Action Panel also elects two members to sit on the Board of Directors, which is made up of a group of experts who manage SpunOut.ie’s governance, finance and risk. Having Action Panel members on this board allows us to make sure their opinions are heard.
How is the Action Panel made up?
The current Action Panel structure, made up of 30 young people around the country who meet in Dublin, has been in place for the last six years.
We are now looking to grow by adding a regional structure to the Action Panel. This means we can involve even more young people in the decision making of the organisation. This will allow us to increase the number of young people taking on leadership roles from 30 to 175.
This is an exciting time for SpunOut.ie, and we hope that this will help to grow the reach of the website to positively impact the lives of more young people in Ireland.
To achieve this, we are looking to recruit young people who share the values of SpunOut.ie, and who want to make a positive contribution to the lives of young people all over the country.
- Attend 4 meetings per year at your regional meeting point (usually weekends, we cover your expenses)
- Have your say on what issues matter most to young people by taking part in discussion and debate
What’s in it for you?
- An opportunity to meet young people in your area and share your views on what matters to you
- Engage on key topics in an environment which values young people
- Receive training in how to be an effective advocate on issues that matter to you
- Receive both professional and personal guidance
Who is it for?
- Young people aged between 16 and 25 who live in the Republic of Ireland
- Those with an interest in SpunOut.ie’s work and issues which impact young people
Where are the regional Action Panels?
- South Action Panel: Waterford, Cork, Tipperary, Kerry, Limerick (Meeting point: Cork City)
- West Action Panel: Clare, Galway, Westmeath, Roscommon, Mayo (Meeting point: Galway)
- North-west Action Panel: Donegal, Sligo, Longford, Leitrim, Cavan (Meeting point: Carrick on Shannon)
- East Action Panel: Wexford, Carlow, Wicklow, Dublin, Laois, Offaly, Kildare, Dublin, Louth, Meath, Monaghan (Meeting point: Dublin City)
How to apply?
Complete the form below by midnight on 29 March 2018 by answering the following questions in writing or on video:
- Why would you like to be involved in the Action Panel?
- What qualities, skills and values do you think you can bring to the Action Panel?
- Tell us a bit about your experience to date (e.g. education, work, volunteering)?
The first meeting of all regional and national Action Panel members will take place in Dublin on 14 April 2018 from 12pm-4pm, so if you apply - try to keep it free for now.
Successful applicants will be contacted on 4 April 2018.