U.S Embassy Youth Council Ireland now taking applications for 2018
Apply by the 9th January 2018 to become a member
The U.S. Embassy in Ireland is inviting young people to apply for membership of the Embassy Youth Council 2018. The Youth Council, first established in December 2013, has up to 75 members aged 20-25 years old.
The new term begins in January 2018 and members serve on the Council for a one year term, with the option of renewing for a second one year term.
Join the Youth Council and be part of the Global Youth Initiative supported by the U.S State Department.
Members of the Youth Council have the opportunity to:
- Build leadership and organisational skills.
- Work on professional development through workshops.
- Participate in networking.
- Take part in community service projects.
- Attend events at the embassy to share views and discuss current affairs.
- Visit US companies based in Ireland and take part in one-to-one sessions with staff from companies like Facebook, Microsoft, Squarespace and Yahoo!
- All applicants must be aged 20-25 years old and be resident in Ireland.
- To apply please send a copy of your CV and passport picture via email to ODonovanSD@state.gov and fill out the application form here.
- Applications are due in by 5pm on the 9th of January 2018.