Yo! Fest 2018 at the European Youth Event Strasbourg
Youth leaders wanted for National Youth Council Ireland delegation in Strasbourg
Funded by the European Parliament
NYCI is looking for 20 youth leaders to help them in developing the workshop and to attend Yo!Fest with the NYCI delegation in Strasbourg. There they will take part in the EYE and deliver the workshop to other youth leaders and changemakers.
European Youth Event (EYE) 2018
EYE2018 takes place on 1st and 2nd of June 2018 in the European Parliament's seat in Strasbourg. It is an opportunity for young Europeans to make their voices heard.
During the event, participants :
- Come up with ideas for the future of Europe
- Discuss issues with European decision makers
- Join more than 8,000 young people from all over Europe
Yo!Fest at the EYE
Yo!Fest combines debates, workshops, talks, exhibitions and performances to celebrate what it means to be a young European.
Young Europeans come together with world leaders, internationally renowned experts, politicians and Youth Organisations to talk about the issues and look for real solutions.
Yo!Fest will facilitate debates around five core themes:
- Keeping up with the Digital Revolution,
- Staying Alive in Turbulent Times,
- Working out for a Stronger Europe,
- Protecting our Planet.
- Calling for a Fair Share.
During the Festival, young people's ideas will be collected and later presented to decision-makers.
Interested in applying?
Criteria for applicants includes:
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and interest in the SDGs.
- Available to attend planning days before going to event.
- Available to attend all of the event and travel days before and after (31st May - 3rd June).
- Able to travel to Strasbourg.
- Aged 16 years +
For successful applicants travel costs, accommodation and food expenses will be organised and covered by NYCI.
The deadline for registration is the 18th of December 2017.
Register here for your chance to go.