https://spunout.ie/news/articl…The current COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic has had a large impact on the lives of everyone in Ireland. As businesses, schools and colleges shut down many people have found themselves unexpectedly unemployed, and left with uncertainty around if and when their work will open again. Loosing your job can have a huge affect on your life and cause strain on your personal finances such as paying rent, paying off a mortgage or loans and on your every day costs such as food and living expenses.
If you have recently been made unemployed due to the current crisis it is normal to feel overwhelmed or anxious. In response to this, we have created articles to help you find the financial support you are entitled to if you are made either permanently or temporarily unemployed, or cannot work as your are sick or caring for others.
Employment and COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Find information on supports for those who have lost their job, have reduced hours, or who are struggling with money during the pandemic.
Unemployment payments during COVID-19
- How to apply for the Pandemic Unemployment Payment in Ireland
- My working hours have been reduced due to COVID19. What can I do?
- I am unable to work due to lack of childcare, what am I entitled to?
Leave payment entitlements during COVID-19
- Am I entitled to sick pay if I have the Coronavirus?
- My work is still open but I cannot go in or work from home, what am I entitled to?
- I am not medically certified, but my employer has told me not to come into work. What am I entitled to?
- I can’t work as I have to care for someone with COVID-19
Unemployment during COVID-19
- What am I entitled to if work decides to permanently let me go?
- Exceptional Need payment available during COVID-19 pandemic
- What to do if your apprenticeship is affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- What supports are available if you are under 18 and out of work
- How to deal with a parent losing their job due to COVID-19
Young person’s experience
- My experience working in retail during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Finishing college and finding a job during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Minister for Finance announces new measures to help people and businesses affected by COVID-19
- Threshold launch helpline for renters during COVID-19
Feeling overwhelmed or anxious around the current pandemic?
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Text SPUNOUT to 086 1800 280 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service