Gay Men's Health Service, Baggot Street is moving location
Clinic will reopen on the 12th of August on Heytesbury Street, Dublin 8
The Gay Men’s Health Service (GMHS) is moving from its location on Baggot Street, Dublin to the Meath Primary Care Centre, Heytesbury Street, Dublin 8. The clinic will close on Baggot Street on the 25th of July 2019 and will reopen two weeks later, on the 12th of August 2019, at its new location.
Where can I get an STI check while the clinic is closed?
The Guide Clinic
During the two weeks that the GMHS is closed there is an option for people who normally used the service to book an appointment online at the Guide Clinic at St James' Hospital, Dublin. If you want to access PEP at the Guide Clinic at St James’s Hospital you will need to arrive early.
Outhouse is a clinic for gay and bisexual men, MSM and transgender women. It is a drop-in service and places are limited, so patients are seen on a first-come-first-served basis. This is an asymptomatic clinic. This means if you have no symptoms but would like a routine check-up you can attend this clinic.
- Location: 105 Capel Street Dublin 1
- Telephone: 01 873 4999
- Website: outhouse.ie
- Open: Third Saturday of every month
- Opening times: 1:30pm and will close at 3pm or when all places have been filled
HIV Ireland offers full HIV & STI test for all people. It is a drop-in service. Places are limited and so patients are seen on a first-come-first-served basis. The service is completely free.
- Location: 70 Eccles Street, Dublin 7
- Telephone: 01 8733799
- Website: hivireland.ie
- Open: Second & fourth Wednesday of every month
- Opening times: 1:30pm and will close at 3:30pm or when all places have been filled
Mater Misericordiae Hospital
Mater Misericordiae Hospital offers a full HIV & STI test and is open to all people. It is also a free service.
- Location: Infectious Diseases Unit, Eccles Street, Dublin 7
- Telephone: 01 8032063
- Appointment Only: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday from 1.45pm – 6pm
Beaumount Hospital offers HIV testing only. The clinic is open to all people and is free of charge.
- Location: Department of Infectious Diseases, Beaumont, Dublin 9
- Telephone: 01 8093006
- Open : Thursday
- Opening times: Walk-in or appointment from 10am to 12 noon
Visit the HSE website sexualwellbeing.ie for a full list of STI services in Ireland.