Ryan's Blueberry and Oats smoothie
SpunOutter Ryan shares his delicious smoothie recipe
This is an opinion of a young person and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of SpunOut.ie. It is one person's experience and may be different for you. If you'd like to write something for SpunOut.ie please contact email@example.com.
It was a quiet, peaceful Sunday morning when I first made these beauties. There’s something about making smoothies that relaxes me; something satisfying about creating something so appealing and tasty from a few messy chunks of fruit. On this particular occasion, I took it slowly and discovered a few tips as to how we can make them even more filling and appetising
- 2 x Apple (helps balance blood sugar levels)
- 1 x Orange (aids healthy digestion)
- 2 x Bananas (contains slow-releasing sugars)
- 1 x Avocado (omega-3, healthy fats)
- Blueberries (antibacterial qualities)
- Flahavan’s Irish organic oats (help lower cholesterol)
- Bran flakes (iron, fibre)
- A blender
- A trendy travel cup to take and go (optional)
- Add three tablespoons of oats to a blender, followed by two tablespoons of bran flakes.
- Dice up and chop up all of the fruits and throw them in on top.
- Pour in about 2/3rd of a cup of water.
- Blend right through to a smooth consistency.
- Add blueberries last if you’d like them to remain in small chunks (they make it more visually appealing if wanting to serve to others).
- If making them for a special occasion, garnish with some healthy chia seeds or bee pollen (optional).