Ryan’s spicy chickpea Dahl recipe
This is an easy student-friendly meal for lunch or dinner
This is an opinion of a young person and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of SpunOut.ie. It is one person's experience and may be different for you. If you'd like to write something for SpunOut.ie please contact email@example.com.
This spicy chickpea dahl is full of healthy, natural flavors. It's an easy student-friendly recipe. The ingredients are cheap and accessible for this one, and anybody can make it. It's a delicious lunch or dinner recipe.
- Red onion, x2 medium
- Garlic clove, x2
- Chickpeas, x1 tin
- Coconut milk, x1 tin
- Tomatoes, x4 medium
- Red lentils, 250g
- Lime, x1
- Cumin, 3.5 tblspn
- Turmeric, x2 tblspn
- Chilli powder, x1 table spoon
- Salt & pepper
- Large saucepan
- Chopping board
- Heat a quarter cup of water in a saucepan while chopping up 2 medium sized red onions, then chuck them into the hot water and stir around.
- Chop up 2 cloves of garlic & add them to the onions.
- Add 2 tablespoon of turmeric, 3.5 tablespoons of cumin and a tspn of chilli flakes, stirring well.
- Add x4 medium chopped tomatoes and stir.
- Add a tin of chickpeas (water included).
- Add a tin of coconut milk.
- Add 250g of washed red lentils.
- Squeeze in the juice of half a lime.
- Stir well and boil over medium heat until the Dahl thickens and the lentils expand.
- Salt and pepper to taste