Interested in sharing your opinions, advice and stories with SpunOut.ie?
We believe in peer-to-peer education and believe your stories can help support your peers
This is an opinion of a young person and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of SpunOut.ie. It is one person's experience and may be different for you. If you'd like to write something for SpunOut.ie please contact email@example.com.
Do you have a story that you can’t wait to tell or an opinion that you wish more people could hear? Writing for SpunOut.ie is the perfect chance to get that story out there. If you’re aged 16-25 in Ireland we want to hear from you.
We’re interested in content on any topic that interests you and that you think will interest your peers. Here are some ideas:
Housing or student accommodation
Are you concerned about the current housing crisis? What do you think should be done about it? Are you finding it difficult to get student accommodation? If not, what helped in your search for accommodation?
What are your thoughts on the upcoming presidential election and the referendum on blasphemy? What do you think of the presidential candidates? Do you have any strong opinions on the blasphemy referendum?
School and college
Have you just started a new year in school or college? How is it going? Do you have any advice for others on subject choices, extra-curricular activities, support that’s available if they’re struggling? Any interesting stories you want to share?
Sex and sexual health
What would like to know about sex before you have it? What would you like to know now that you have had sex? What is important to you when considering having sex? How do you look after your sexual health?
We want to hear your stories on important relationships in your life – with your family, friends, partner etc. How have these relationships impacted your life? Is there any advice you can give to others?
What mental health issues are you experiencing? Are you seeking support for your mental health issues? What advice would you give to others experiencing similar issues? What do you do to look after your mind?
Are you trying to decide what career is best for you? Are you working currently in a job you love or hate? What aspects of a job are important to you? What do you think of part-time jobs or internships?
If you're not mad about any of these ideas, feel free to send in content on any other topic that interests you. If you want to write about it, we want to read it!
So what do I do next?
Read our submission guidelines before you get started. If you have any questions just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll get back to you as soon as she can. All articles should be under 1000 words, and you can submit your article here.
- I’ve never written for SpunOut before, can I start now? Yes, we’re always open to any new contributors aged 16-25. Even if you have never written for SpunOut before, we’d like to hear from you.
- Now is not a good time for me to write an article. Can I write one later in the year? Yes, we are happy to receive your articles at any time throughout the year, so get in touch when you have an idea, a draft piece, or a finished article.
- I’d like to write an article but I don’t want my name to be shown, is that possible? Yes, the articles can be posted anonymously if you prefer. You can mention this when submitting your article and if you leave your name blank on the submission form, the article will be posted as “anonymous”
- I’m not sure if the article is ready to be posted on the website. Help! Send your article (even if it is a rough draft) to email@example.com and she can work with you to finish your article.
- Does the topic need to be approved by SpunOut first? Nope, you’re free to write about whatever topic you want. If there are issues with it, we can chat about this when you submit your article or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the topic if you want.