Supporting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Young People in Ireland
The Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) want to hear from young people aged 15 - 24 in relation to how we can all make Ireland a better place for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex young people.
This is an opinion of a young person and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of SpunOut.ie. It is one person's experience and may be different for you. If you'd like to write something for SpunOut.ie please contact email@example.com.
The Government is currently developing a new strategy to improve the lives of LGBTI+ young people in Ireland.
As part of the strategy development process, there are a number of events happening around the country to listen to the voices and the experiences of LGBTI+ young people.
Take a look at the schedule below and sign up for an event near you to have you say.
National Consultations Schedule
- May 13 - Dublin Youth consultation, Croke Park Conference Centre - Registration: 11am with refreshments, lunch will also be provided. - The event will finish at 3.30pm.
- May 16 - Galway youth consultation, NUIG Árasmoyola Classroom MY219 - Registration: 6.00pm - Workshop: 6.30pm-9.00pm.
- May 17 - Waterford youth consultation, Edmund Rice Youth & Community Multiplex, Manor Street, Waterford - Registration: 6.00pm - Workshop: 6.30pm-9.00pm.
- May 18 - Dundalk youth consultation, Outcomers Centre, The Coach House, 8 Roden Pl, Townparks, Dundalk - Registration: 6.00pm - Workshop: 6.30pm-9.00pm.
- May 20 - Cork youth consultation, Venue TBC - Registration: 11am - Workshop: 11.30am – 2pm.
The events are open to those aged between 15 and 24 years of age. Refreshments will be provided at all locations.
Please note that all those attending must send a completed Parent/Guardian Consent form (under 18) or a Young Adult Assent form (over 18) to LGBTIyouthstrategy@dcya.gov.ie (You can ask for the forms at this email address too)