Want to share your thoughts and experiences on these topics?
Looking to help your peers along the way? Our August content call-out might gives you some ideas.
This is an opinion of a young person and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of SpunOut.ie. It is one person's experience and may be different for you. If you'd like to write something for SpunOut.ie please contact email@example.com.
Are you interested in contributing content for SpunOut.ie? Do you have stories or opinions you think will support, inspire, educate and engage other young people in Ireland?
If so, why not submit an article, video or podcast for SpunOut.ie? If it is in line with our article, video or podcast submission guidelines, we’ll post it on our website and it may also be posted on the SpunOut.ie Facebook and Twitter pages.
Are you looking for some ideas for your content? Do any of these upcoming dates inspire you or help to give you some ideas?
- 12th August: International Youth Day
- 5th September: International Day of Charity
- 8th September: International Literacy Day
- 10th September: World Suicide Prevention Day
- 15th September: International Day of Democracy
- 23rd September: Celebrate Bisexuality Day
- 28th September: International Day for Universal Access to Information
- 29th September: World Heart Day
Or what about one of these topics?
- Sex and sexual health
- Self-harm awareness & reduction
- LGBTI+ issues
- Politics & current affairs
- Mental health
- Gambling awareness
- Quitting smoking
- Healthy living
- Suicide prevention
If none of those topics interest you, you're welcome to send in content on any topic you are interested in.
If contributing content is not for you, check out some other ways you can get involved.
So what do I do next?
Read our article, video or podcast submission guidelines before you get started. If you have any questions just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll get back to you as soon as she can. All articles should be under 1000 words, and you can submit your article here.
- I’ve never written for SpunOut before, can I start now? Yes, we’re always open to any new contributors aged 16-25. Even if you have never written for SpunOut before, we’d like to hear from you.
- Now is not a good time for me to write an article. Can I write one later in the year? Yes, we are happy to receive your articles at any time throughout the year, so get in touch when you have an idea, a draft piece, or a finished article.
- I’d like to write an article but I don’t want my name to be shown, is that possible? Yes, the articles can be posted anonymously if you prefer. You can mention this when submitting your article and if you leave your name blank on the submission form, the article will be posted as “anonymous”
- I’m not sure if the article is ready to be posted on the website. Help! Send your article (even if it in a rough draft) to email@example.com and she can work with you to finish your article.
- Does the topic need to be approved by SpunOut first? Nope, you’re free to write about whatever topic you want. If there are issues with it, we can chat about this when you submit your article or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the topic if you want.