Help us reach even more young people
- Are you interested in helping to shape Ireland’s youth information website?
- Do you have stories and opinions that you think will inspire, support, educate and engage young people across Ireland?
- Do you have a passion for writing, making videos/podcasts or working with your peers on important issues?
- Are you aged 16-25 and living in Ireland?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, volunteering with spunout is for you!
We are a youth information website by young people, for young people. We aim to provide a platform for the views, experiences and opinions of young people across Ireland. The volunteering opportunities focus on skills, experiences and topical issues that interest you and that you think will help and support other young people. We will support you with feedback, training and access to opportunities. Fill in the below forms and our youth participation team will be in touch with you.
There are a number of ways you can volunteer with us depending on your interests. Check out our volunteering options below.
To make sure we represent the views, experiences and opinions of young people across Ireland, you can submit articles, videos or podcasts, to be posted on the site and on our social media platform.
- Content can be sent in at any time of the year
- Check out our submission guidelines for more information on written articles
- Visit our Voices section, TikTok and YouTube channel to see what others have created with us.
We make sure all of our content is relevant and engaging for young people. To do this we don’t post any content written by our team until at least two young people read over it to ensure it’s clear, understandable and engaging. Sign up to be a proofreader and we’ll let you know when we have content for you to review. You do not need any prior knowledge about the topics.
Proof reader: Apply now
When we say “spunout is by young people, for young people” we mean it! The Action Panels’ role is to provide guidance and leadership to spunout about the needs of young people in Ireland. They help us to come up with solutions and ideas for what information and support young people need right now.
- There are five Regional Action Panels (South, West, North-west, East-Midlands and Dublin) and the National Action Panel.
- The Panels meet four times per year.
- There are roughly 30 people per panel and all opinions and ideas are heard and respected.
- Check out Denise’s experience of being on spunout’s Action Panel.
What do you get in return for volunteering?
- Support and advice from spunout staff on your written articles, videos or podcasts.
- Face-to-face and online training sessions for volunteers. These sessions will focus on developing your skills, knowledge and confidence so you gain useful and practical skills through your volunteering experience.
Subject matter experts
A cornerstone of spunout’s mission is to make sure that all content we publish is factually accurate, in line with best practice, relevant to our audience, and sensitive to the most correct and respectful language on any given issue. To assist us in making sure this part of our mission is fulfilled, we engage the input of people and organisations who have subject matter expertise to vet and proof our content for accuracy and relevance.
If you are interested in becoming a voluntary subject matter expert for spunout, please email us at [email protected].
Fundraise for spunout
Organising an event or running a race is the perfect way to raise funds and awareness about spunout in a fun and engaging way that suits you. The easiest way to collect funds is by creating a fundraising page for spunout by using JustGiving.com.
Over half of Irish young people say they look to online sources for advice before talking to someone about a problem. spunout helps young people through the most difficult of problems, including mental health and addiction.
Around 80,000 Irish young people come to spunout each month for advice and support.
We’re always looking for volunteers to participate in mini-marathons, full marathons and other challenge events to raise funds to support the young people we work with. Get in touch at [email protected] or sign up at JustGiving.com
spunout Volunteer Registration
Thank you for choosing to volunteer with spunout. We are really excited to work with you!
Please fill out the details below as they will help us to get you registered as a volunteer and communicate with you about upcoming events, trainings and opportunities.
We also ask you to tick which areas you are passionate about or have an interest in so we can match with you suitable opportunities that might come up. If you have any questions about the details in the form please email [email protected].
* Please note our proofreader role is currently closed as we have enough volunteers to cover this work 🙂 *