SpunOut.ie has teamed up with Young Social Innovators to highlight the amazing work of YSI’s participants in tackling social issues in Ireland.
SpunOut.ie is looking for volunteer youth reporters to attend the YSI Speak Out events, interview some YSI teams on their projects and the social issues they’re trying to tackle, and send back an article for the SpunOut.ie website.
About Young Social Innovators
YSI’s aim is “to fire young people’s passion to change the world for good”. YSI looks to develop “young social innovators and entrepreneurs. Every day we harness the energy, passion and insight of young people to tackle real life issues affecting them and their communities by giving opportunities and skills to innovate for good.”
The YSI Speak Out Tour
The YSI Speak Out Tour brings together all the young social innovators in Ireland. The YSI teams present their own Speak Out to an audience of their peers and community through music, costume, visuals and props to effectively communicate what social issues they are addressing, why they are addressing this issue and what they did to create a positive change. The events are a great way to learn what social issues the YSI teams are tackling, to share ideas and to realise there is a wide community of innovators in Ireland, all working to create change.
Speak Out Tour dates & location
- Donegal: Balor Arts Centre, Ballybofey – Tues 27th February – 10.30am – 1.30pm
- Kilkenny: Lyrath Estate Convention Centre- Wed 21st March- 9am – 12 noon & 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Louth: TLT Drogheda- Tues 13th March- 10.30am – 1.30pm
- Limerick: Castletroy Park Hotel- Thurs 22nd March – 9am – 12 noon & 12.30pm – 3.30pm
- Galway: Shearwater Hotel, Ballinasloe – Wed 14th March- 9am – 12 noon & 12.30pm – 3.30pm, Thurs 15th March – 10.30am – 1.30pm
SpunOut.ie youth reporter
As a youth reporter, your role is to find some projects that you think will interest SpunOut.ie readers. The projects can focus on any topics that are relevant to 16-25 year olds. Interview the YSI team about their project, focusing on the social issues they are addressing and how they are making a positive change. Send your article to [email protected] that day so the article can go live in (almost) real time.
We are looking for 2/3 youth reporters to work together at each YSI event Speak Out event.
- Youth reporters should be aged between 16-25
- No experience required – we'll help you prepare your interview question and support you in writing your articles
- The events are during the week across Ireland so you need to make sure you are available those days and can get to and from the events
If you're interested in reporting from these events, get in touch with [email protected]