LGBT Ireland Online Chat Service available 7 days a week
Whatever is on your mind, they are there to chat
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
LGBT Ireland is a nation wide organisation that offers support to LGBTI+ people both online and over the phone. Whatever is on your mind, their volunteers are there to chat and listen in confidence. In November alone, 7,147 people logged onto the LGBT Ireland website for information and support and they answered over 893 online chats during 2020.
LGBT Ireland supporting LGBTI+ in Ireland
Taking care of your mental health and having support as an LGBTI+ young person is more important than ever. During COVID, 62% of LGBTI+ people reported a decline in their mental health compared to 51% of the general population. Over the past year LGBT Ireland has seen a 3-fold increase in the number of people contacting their helpline to disclose experiences of homophobic and transphobic abuse and domestic violence.
Online support for LGBTI+ young people
If you are an LGBTI+ young person and are experiencing any difficulties that you would like to speak to someone about, LGBT Ireland is here to support you. Their online chat services are available 7 days a week. Use their online chat service at lgbt.ie or call their trained volunteers on the LGBT Helpline on 1890 929 539.
- Monday to Thursday from 6.30pm to 10pm
- Friday’s from 4pm to 10pm
- Saturday to Sunday from 4pm to 6pm
Outside of those hours, we are here
- If you need help and the LGBT Ireland chat services are closed, we are here to help
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Free-text SPUNOUT to 50808 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service