About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 10
- Cooking time: 10
- Utensils needed: Deep fat fryer
For the fish
- 2 dessertspoons flour
- 4 fillets white fish
For the batter
- 110g plain white flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon breadsoda/bakingsoda
- 150ml low-fat milk
- Make the batter: Sieve the flour, salt and bread soda/baking soda into a bowl. Make a well in the centre of the bowl, add the egg and a little of the milk. Stir briskly, gradually adding the rest of the milk beating well all the time. Leave the batter mixture in the fridge until ready to use.
- Mix the flour, salt and pepper together. Coat the fish with the seasoned flour.
- Dip the fish in the batter and place in deep fat fryer for about 10 minutes according to thickness of the fish.
- Drain on kitchen paper.
- Tip: Serve with spicy potato wedges and salad.
Recipes are from 101 Square Meals from Safe Food.eu and MABS.