Have you everything ahead of your exams?
OK, so you've been studying away and the time is nigh. While your mind might be racing with last minute definitions and formulas to learn, it's important to remember some of the practical stuff you'll need for the exams. Here is a reminder of some of the essentials you might need:
- Exam number. Don't forget it!
- Pens/pencils/colouring pencils. Bring enough so you don't run out but don't overload your desk with too much. It'll only distract you.
- Calculator. Don't forget it and make sure to check your battery power. The last thing you need is for it to die mid-Math exam!
- Watch. It's important to make sure you are giving yourself enough time for each question and not wasting too much time on questions with little marks so keep an eye on the clock.
- Uniform/clothes. If your school doesn't have a uniform, make sure you have your clothes ready the night before so you're not stressing trying to find something to wear the morning of the exam. And pick something comfortable and suited to our temperamental weather!
- Specialist subjects. If you're doing tech drawing or any of those subjects make sure you have what you need like rulers/compass/protractor/set square etc.
- Water. Bring some water and keep hydrated. Also bring a snack or two to fight any hunger pangs during exams and give you an energy boost.
- Don't bring tipp-ex. Try not to use correction fluids but rather put a line through a mistake you've made as examiners can still take into account any rough work you do. But if you white-it out, it's of no use to anyone.
- Timetable. It may be lost or crumpled from wear and tear but don't worry, you can download your LC timetable here and JC timetable here.