How to make pancakes
A simple recipe for a tasty and fun snack to make
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Utensils needed: bowl and frying pan
- 425ml low-fat milk
- 225g flour
- 1 egg
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre of the flour and drop in the egg with 1/4 of the milk.
- Stir the egg mixture in the centre of the bowl with a wooden spoon, allowing the flour to fall in gradually from the sides.
- Add the rest of the milk slowly, beating well to avoid lumping.
- To cook: Pour a thin layer of the mixture onto a hot, non-stick pan.
- Use a spatula to turn the pancake over when bubbles start to appear on top.