How to make pork stir fry
This delicious recipe is easy to make. You can add chicken to give the dish another flavour or go for a veggie option
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time 30 minutes
- Cooking time 15 minutes.
- Utensils needed: frying pan.
- 450g pork pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 dessertspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 dessertspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 150mls of boiling water
- Cut pork into thin slices.
- Cut onions into thin slices and chop garlic.
- Slice mushrooms and cut carrots and pepper into thin strips.
- Mix the 150mls chicken stock with the soy sauce.
- Blend in the cornflour and mix to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the pork and fry until well browned.
- Add onion and carrot to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add mushrooms and pepper to pork mixture and continue frying for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the stock mixture into the pan and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with noodles.
- Add chicken to give the dish another flavour or alternatively you can leave out the pork and chicken for a veggie alternative.