How to make fish cakes
This recipe is super simple and delicious
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Utensils needed: Frying pan
- 350g cooked white fish (cod or whiting)
- 6 potatoes cooked and mashed pepper
- 25g low-fat spread
- 2 dessertspoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 75g brown breadcrumbs (3 slices)
- 2 dessertspoons flour
- Place the flaked fish, potatoes, butter, parsley, salt and pepper and 1 beaten egg in a bowl and mix gently with a fork. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll into a long ‘snake’ on a floured surface. Cut into 8 portions and shape each into a flat round.
- Dip the cakes into the second beaten egg and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Fry or grill the fish cakes until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with Tossed Green Salad.