How to make sweet potato crisps
Try this simple recipe for a healthy snack option
Written by spunout
Fact checked by experts and reviewed by young people.
About this recipe
- Servings: 8
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Utensils needed: mixing bowl, baking tray
- 500g of sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into very thin slices using a potato slicer or a sharp knife
- Put the sweet potato slices in a bowl and add two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Get those little hands to mix the sweet potato slices and vegetable oil
- Put tin-foil on the bottom of a baking tray and lay the sweet potato slices out on it
- Roast in oven for 10 to 15 minutes until crispy and then serve
Tips: Add more flavour to your crisps by lightly sprinkling them with spices before placing in the oven!
Recipes are from 101 square meals by Safefood.eu.