About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Utensils needed: Frying pan or saucepan
- 1 dessertspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 or 2 apples cored and peeled
- 2 dessertspoons curry powder
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- pinch of salt if desired pepper
- 1 low salt vegetable stock cube*
- 1pt / 575mls of boiling water
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 1 red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 2oz/50g sultanas
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 dessertspoon dessicated coconut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tin of peas/beans
- 1 dessertspoon chutney (optional)
- Prepare the mixture of vegetables. Wash them and chop into cubes. Place in a saucepan.
- Add the apple, lentils, lemon juice, coconut, sultanas, brown sugar and chutney. Add 3 /4pt / 425ml of stock and boil for 20 mins.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion until it is soft.
- Stir in the curry powder, flour and remainder of stock.
- Bring to the boil. Add this to the mixed vegetables and season. Add the peas/beans.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Reduce heat and cook slowly for another 20 minutes. Add more stock if needed.