About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time 15 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes.
- Utensils needed: frying pan, saucepan.
- 450g lean minced beef/lamb
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 6 mushrooms chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 low salt beef or vegetable stock cube
- 275ml of boiling water
- 1 dessertspoon tomato sauce
- 1 dessertspoon flour
- 225g spaghetti
- Cook the mince beef, onions, mushrooms and carrots on a dry pan (low heat) for 15 minutes. (There is sufficient fat in mince for frying, so no more is needed). Drain any excess fat from pan.
- Add flour and stir well.
- Dissolve the stock cube in a 275ml of boiling water.
- Add the stock, tin of tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Cook gently for 30 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti for 10-15 minutes in boiling salted water. Strain.
- Serve with the bolognese sauce on top.
Recipes are from 101 Square meals from Safe Food.eu and MABS