COVID-19 Guide for School and Youthreach students
Resources and tips to help you during the pandemic
We know that things are difficult for all students at the moment. It can be tough trying to continue school work, or exam preparation during the current uncertainty and following social distancing guidelines. Here are some articles, opinion pieces and news stories which may help support you.
We will keep this page updated with any news articles or updates that are relevant for students over the next while. If you would like to share your experience of the pandemic, and any advice you may have to other students please get in contact, and our Head of Volunteering and Safeguarding, Heather Barry will be in touch to help you share your story.
Advice and tips to help you during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic
Feeling overwhelmed or anxious around the current pandemic?
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Text SPUNOUT to 086 1800 280 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service
Need more information?
If you need more information or would like to talk to someone about your own situation, use our online chat system for 16 to 25 year olds - Monday to Friday 4pm to 8pm.
Expert information and advice
Important information for exams and the CAO
- COVID-19: What does this mean for the Leaving Cert?
- Leaving Cert 2020: How calculated grades will work
- How does COVID-19 affect the CAO?
Looking after your physical health
- Exercise you can do at home while social distancing
- How to get a good night's sleep when spending your days at home
- Staying healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic
Looking after your mental health
- 5 ways to look after your wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Practising mindfulness and staying positive during the COVID-19 pandemic
- What mental health supports are available during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What to do if you are missing your school friends
Tips for studying during COVID-19
- How to handle exam stress during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 5 ways to make studying easier
- How to live with procrastination
- How to create a study space at home
- How to create a study timetable
Opinions and advice from other young people
- How COVID-19 is impacting students in school and college
- How I'm coping with exam worrying during the coronavirus crisis
- Tips for doing school or college work from home
- How the Leaving Cert uncertainty is impacting my mental health
- My tips for staying focused while studying at home
- Why we should get predicted grades for the Leaving Cert 2020
- Young people share their thoughts on the new Leaving Cert 2020 plans
- Tips for keeping your body and mind active during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Why we should be kind to ourselves during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 5 positives things to focus on during the COVID-19 pandemic