Guide to social distancing during COVID-19
Find information and advice for social distancing and read about our volunteers' experiences
During the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, we have been asked to stay at home as much as possible and keep our distance from others. This is an important step in slowing the spread of the virus, and staying at home can help to save lives.
With schools, colleges, workplaces, and shops all closed, our lives and routines have changed. This is a difficult transition for many people, and it's important to look after your wellbeing and your mental health.
If you're finding social distancing challenging, or you're not sure what you can and can't do, find resources and support below.
Feeling overwhelmed or anxious around the current pandemic?
- Get anonymous support 24/7 with our text message support service
- Connect with a trained volunteer who will listen to you, and help you to move forward feeling better
- Text SPUNOUT to 086 1800 280 to begin
- Find out more about our text message support service
SpunOut.ie's guide to social distancing during COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Read articles, news pieces, and opinion pieces from our volunteers on how to keep well and spend your time while staying at home.
Information and advice on social distancing
- How to practice social distancing
- Why we need to practice social distancing
- Do you feel unsafe at home while social distancing?
- Making the most out of your weekly shop during COVID-19
Staying connected while social distancing
- How to handle feelings of loneliness when social distancing
- How to spend time with your partner while social distancing
- How to connect with friends while staying at home
- How to volunteer during the COVID-19 pandemic
More information: Looking after your mental health during COVID-19.