Men’s Health Week 2017
What health issues affect men today?
Written by spunout
Information about the latest news and opportunities.
This year’s Men’s Health Week runs from June 12th-18th.
Men in Ireland experience a range of health issues. Some of these issues include:
- Men die, on average, four and a half years younger than women do.
- Males have higher death rates than women for all of the leading causes of death.
- Poor lifestyles are responsible for a high proportion of chronic diseases.
- Men are more likely to present at health services too late, when the problem has already become untreatable.
The theme of this year’s Men’s Health Week is ‘It’s all about HIM’, and the key question is: ‘How are you doing?’.
Some content you might find useful
- Testicular Cancer
- Men have body image issues too
- It can be tough to admit your vulnerabilities as a man
- How to have a conversation about your mental health
- Dealing with depression
- How to quit smoking
- How to plan for 30 minutes exercise a day
- Partying without the pissup
- Drug and alcohol myths