How do you feel about college during COVID-19?
SpunOut.ie and the USI want to hear from new or returning college students about how COVID-19 has impacted your college experience
Written by spunout
Information about the latest news and opportunities.
SpunOut.ie and the Union of Students in Ireland want to share your stories and experiences of college during COVID-19.
Students returning to college or starting college for the first time in September will be facing a unique set of challenges due to COVID-19. With so much uncertainty, many students are worried about money, accommodation, their mental health and the social aspects of college, among other things.
Share your story
We believe young people can support each other by sharing their personal experiences, opinions and advice. We want to hear from returning students and new students about how you’re feeling about the upcoming college year. Your article or video will be shared on SpunOut.ie for thousands of students across Ireland to see.
Here are some ideas to get you started
- How are you feeling about the upcoming college year?
- What are your biggest concerns for the college year ahead?
- How has COVID-19 impacted your plans for college or the college year ahead?
- What do you think the long term impacts of the pandemic will be on your education?
- What supports have you found useful during this time?
We’re open to whatever you want to talk about, so feel free to use one of the above ideas, or to focus on some one aspect of your college experience.
Do I need writing or video experience?
You do not need any writing or video experience. We’ll help you out every step of the way giving you feedback and suggestions.
What age do I have to be?
To have your article on SpunOut.ie, you need to be between 16-25 years old.
How do I get started?
If you’re interested in sharing your story, email Heather ([email protected]).
Content created by other young people
Here are some examples of articles and podcasts created by young people across Ireland. All of these started as drafts and we worked with the authors to get them ready for the site, so get in touch if you’re interested, even if you’re not sure how to get started.
- How COVID-19 is impacting students in schools and colleges
- Why colleges should bring in a ‘No Detriment’ policy for COVID-19
- How I support my mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic
- My tips for staying focused while studying at home
- Finishing college and finding a job during the COVID-19 pandemic