Ireland has been having great weather the past few weeks, but with that has brought water shortages and the hose-pipe ban. Here at SpunOut.ie we’ve put together a few tips to help you conserve water:
- Take short showers instead of using the bath
- As appealing as it is, don’t fill up the home paddling pools!
- If you have already have a paddling pool full of water, when you’re done with it use the water for all the thirsty plants in the garden
- Turn off taps when brushing your teeth
- When washing dishes, put the plug in the sink and fill it up rather than having the tap on the whole time
- Only do full loads of washing (don’t half-fill the washing machine!)
- As fun as having a massive water fight may sound, it’s really not a good idea as it’s very wasteful of water
- If you’re a fan of drinking really cold water, fill a jug or bottle and leave it in the fridge – that way you’re not running the tap for ages waiting for water to cool down
During this hot weather it is also important to stay hydrated and to wear a high factor sun cream. For more information on staying safe this summer click here.