Interested in making radio programmes?
SpunOut.ie and West Dublin Access Radio are giving you the opportunity to complete an in-depth course in media making from Monday August 26th to Friday August 30th.
Open to young people aged 18 to 25, the course is intended for those who would be interested in learning how to create audio and radio content for broadcast on SpunOut.ie and WDAR on a regular basis.
This course aims to empower and enthuse learners to express themselves through broadcast media, including a practical introduction to the use of radio as a medium for expression and the importance of active engagement with media.
The Leve 3 QQI (formally FETAC) course will run from 9.00am to 5.30pm each day and is completely free of charge. Those who do not complete the course or do not attend may be liable for a fee so please only sign up if you can attend the full 5 days.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
• Explore how audiences are targeted by and use media such as radio, TV, film, social media, advertising etc.
• Identify the various types of media outlet available to them and the barriers to media expression
• Understand the various techniques and production approaches that are used in radio
• Work in teams to prepare and record a short radio programme
If you are interested and would like to apply to take part please fill out the below form ASAP.
Some key details:
- There are only 15 spaces available
- Applicants must be able to attend all 5 days of the course at the Dublin venues
- Applications are open to those from across Ireland (There will be a small number of scholarships to cover accommodation costs for those from outside the greater Dublin area. Please email [email protected] before the deadline if you wish to apply for one)
- DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is 5pm on Wednesday August 21st
- Any questions about course content should be emailed to [email protected]