Skip navigation and jump to content
Welcome to Ireland's Youth Information Website
Follow us
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Snapchat

Accessibility Options

High Contrast Text Size

What Social Welfare payments can I retain when I enter employment?

A list of payments you can claim while working or studying part time

Written by SpunOut | View this authors Twitter page and posted in employment

Share this article -

If you are unemployed and returning to work or education, you may be entitled to continue to receive your social welfare payment.

Your eligibility for continued payment will depend on your circumstances, and the type of work or course you are participating in.

Below is a list of some of the schemes eligible for both social welfare payments, and work for education.

Find out more about these by calling in to your local Social Welfare Office or Intreo.

Share this article -

Published October 12th, 2016
Last updated February 21st, 2018
Tags work social welfare unemployment
Can this be improved? Contact if you have any suggestions for this article.

Need more information?

Request to speak with a youth worker in your area over the phone, by email or text. They may be able to assist you by providing further information specific to your needs.

Youth Work Ireland - Crosscare - YMCA

Contact via: Phone E-mail Text
By clicking submit you agree to our terms and conditions. ​Please note that this service is run by Youth Work Ireland and Crosscare​.​ E​nquiries are not handled by directly.
Jump to related articles
Was this article helpful?