How to fill out the Jobseeker’s Allowance or Benefit form (UP 1)

Learn how to fill out this form
Written by

In Ireland, unemployed people are entitled to receive money from the government, to help them support themselves while they look for work.

There are two main types of unemployment payments: Jobseeker’s Benefit and Jobseeker’s Allowance. To apply for both Jobseeker’s Allowance or Benefit for the first time, you must fill out a UP 1 form.

Download an empty UP 1 form here.

Page 1

Page 1 Annotation 1: Cohabitant means a partner that you live with but are not married to.

Page 1 Annotation 2: You can find your PPS number by contacting your INTREO office or local social welfare office.

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8

Need more information?

We are here to answer your questions and talk through your options. Our online chat service is for 16 to 25 year olds and is available Monday to Friday, 4pm to 8pm. Chat to us now about your situation.

Related articles
Skip to content