Local Enterprise Offices are the place to go if you are interested in starting or growing a business in Ireland. They provide advice, information, and support.
Who is the Local Enterprise Office for?
Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs) offer services to people who want to set up a business, and people who already have a business want advice.
You can access their services if you are:
- An entrepreneur
- Involved in a start-up
- An owner of a small businesses looking to expand
- Looking for advice about a business idea
What services does the Local Enterprise Office provide?
The Local Enterprise Office provides a range of services, including:
- Direct financial supports to micro-businesses (businesses with 10 or less employees)
- Advice on a range of alternative funding options
- Training including Start Your Own Business, Managing Your Business
- Mentorship from experienced experts
- Advice on local authority regulations, planning, accessibility and other issues affecting your business
- Helps connect you with relevant state agencies including the Department of Social Protection, Microfinance Ireland, and Revenue
- Advice on property solutions for start-ups and business owners who want to expand
- Organising enterprise events
- Helping business owners to network with one another
What is Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur?
If you are a young person with a business or an idea for a business, you might be interested in entering Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur competition. This is a yearly competition for people between the ages of 18 and 35. It is run by the 31 Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs) with the support of the Department of Enterprise and Innovation and Enterprise Ireland. Find out more about Ireland’s Best Young Entrepreneur.
Where are the Local Enterprise Offices located?
There are 31 Local Enterprise Offices around Ireland. You can find your local LEO office here.
Need more information?
We are here to answer your questions and talk through your options. Our online chat service is for 16 to 25 year olds and is available Monday to Friday, 4pm to 8pm. Chat to us now about your situation.