How to make wholemeal bread
Baking your own bread is easier than you think with this receipe
About this recipe
- Servings: 5+
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 55 minutes
- Utensils needed: loaf tin, mixing bowl
- 425g wholemeal flour
- 1 dessertspoon wheatgerm
- 1 dessertspoon bran
- 275ml butter milk
- 1 teaspoon bread soda/baking soda
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 egg (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix all the ingredients well together
- Then pour the lot into a lightly oiled loaf tin
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 150°C / 300°F / Gas Mark 2 and bake for a further 40 minutes
Recipes are from 101 square meals by Safefood.eu and MABS.
Was this article helpful?