About this recipe
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time 30 minutes
- Cooking time 30 minutes.
- Utensils needed: frying pan, saucepan
- 280g long grain rice
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 green or red pepper
- 5 mushrooms
- 1 small tin of frozen corn
- 3 or 4 chicken fillets
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 25g of low-fat grated cheese
- 1 low salt chicken stock cube
- 425ml of boiling water
- Boil rice for approx. 5 mins, and drain.
- Chop onion, pepper and mushrooms.
- Cut chicken fillets into cubes.
- Crush the garlic or chop into fine pieces.
- Fry chicken pieces in vegetable oil.
- Add garlic, onions, peppers and mushrooms. Fry gently.
- Add rice to pan.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 425ml boiling water, add corn, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and cook gently for 30 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Add the grated low-fat cheese. Season to taste.