Apply for the Eisenhower fellowship
Application deadline Monday 8th May
Attend the Future of Work Conference, Malaga, 14-17 September 2017
- Are you aged between 18-25 years old (on the date of application 8th May 2017?
- Are you interested in ‘The Future of Work’ as a topic and might you have an idea for a project that you’d like to share?
- Would you like to represent Ireland or Northern Ireland and meet like-minded young people from around the world in Spain from 14-17 September 2017?
This is a unique opportunity for two promising young people (18-25 years) from Ireland or Northern Ireland to be chosen as a Youth Leader with a scholarship to travel to Malaga, Spain for a Global Leadership Conference from 14-17 September 2017.
Eisenhower Fellowships (EF), an international Fellowship programme, has launched a new programme aimed at young people aged between 18 and 25 years to complement its existing network of 1,500 mid-career leaders and change agents working around the world. The Eisenhower Youth Leaders Network will deepen EF’s commitment to mentorship and support efforts to cultivate the next generation of leaders.
EF Ireland have partnered with the National Youth Council of Ireland (NYCI) to choose two young people to be part of this global youth network. People aged between 18 and 25 years are invited to apply to become an Eisenhower Youth Leader. Applications need to be sent to the NYCI via firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 noon on Monday 8th May where applications will be assessed and candidates shortlisted for final interview.
Timeline - Ireland and Northern Ireland
Programme announced via National Youth Council of Ireland, social media, etc., through EF channels and local nominating committee.
- Monday 8th May: Full application to be emailed to NYCI via email@example.com on standard application form to be received no later than 12 noon
- Friday 12th May: Shortlisted candidates chosen for interview will be notified
- Monday 22nd May: Final face-to-face interviews will take place in Dublin.
- Candidates must ensure they are available on this date.
Selection decisions announced by Eisenhower Fellowships USA.
- Pre-departure briefing.
- Thursday 14 September – Flight to Malaga for The Future of Work conference
- Thursday evening to Sunday morning – conference
- Sunday 17 September – return flight to Dublin from Malaga.
Candidates should ensure they are available for 14-17 September.
You can find the application for the fellowship on NYCI's website here.