Enter the Tobacco Free Life photography competition
Show what a tobacco free life means to you and be in with a chance of winning a One4All voucher
Members of the Tobacco Free Ireland Partners Group are inviting entries to their photography competition, under the theme of “Tobacco Free Life”.
Tobacco is one of the leading causes of preventable death across the world. In Ireland, around 5,000 people die each year from smoking related illnesses. Smoking affects nearly every organ in the body, and when you smoke a cigarette, you are inhaling toxic chemicals along with addictive nicotine. Read more facts about smoking here.
Quitting smoking is not only better for your health, but it can also improve your mental health, save you money, improve opportunities, and contribute to sustainable development on the planet. Find out how to quit smoking here.
*Deadline extended to 23 May*
What does a tobacco free life mean to you?
This competition invites you to take a photo and write a caption to accompany the photo, illustrating what it means to you to be tobacco free.
There are 3 age categories for this competition:
- 10-15 years
- 16-24 years
- 25+ years
You can submit your entry as an individual or as part of a group.
How to enter
- Take a photo illustrating what a tobacco free life means to you (JPEG or TIFF)
- Write a caption of 100 words or less to go with your photograph
- Fill out your details on the entry form by 11:59pm on 23 May 2018
- Email your photograph to email@example.com with your name as the subject line by 11:59pm on 23 May 2018
Late submissions will not be accepted. Only one submission per individual or group is allowed.
Some things to consider when planning your entry
- The photo must not feature cigarettes, e-cigarettes, or cigarette packaging
- It must be an original photograph, owned by you, and not entered into any other photography competitions.
- You must have permission from anyone in the photograph.
- The photographs will be reviewed by a judging panel
- The top two shortlisted photographs in each age category will be posted on the Irish Cancer Society’s social media for a public vote on 21 May
- Public voting will close 23 May
- The photograph with the most votes in each age category will be the winner, and the second photograph will be the runner up.
The winner in each category will receive a €100 One4All voucher. The runner-up in each category will receive a €50 One4All voucher.
The winning photographs from each category will also be displayed at the Tobacco Free Partners Conference on World No Tobacco Day, 30 May 2018, and on social media, along with a slideshow of all entries to the competition.