Eures: Your Guide to Working in Europe
This European Employment Service can help you get a job in the EU
Funded by the European Parliament
What is it?
EURES stands for European Employment Services, and is called “the European Job Mobility Portal.” Basically, EURES is a website that matches up employers and jobseekers from all 28 EU countries, plus Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, and Lichtenstein. They provide advice, information, and recruitment for people looking for jobs as well as people looking for workers.
How do you use it?
- You can use EURES to search for jobs and apprenticeships with a variety of keywords: by level of experience, by country, whether you want full-time or part-time, etc.
- The portal will give you job descriptions as well as contact information, in many cases, and you can start applying right away.
- EURES also has hints and tips for finding jobs, both abroad and at home, and covers everything from the interview process to actually moving abroad if you get the job.
- You can also create a free account. With an account, you can personalize what type of jobs you’re looking for, upload a CV to keep on-file, and manage your communications with potential employers.
- There’s also a section to look for learning opportunities, if you want to further your education in your field of study. This section includes opportunities to participate in programmes that will help you gain experience.
- Finally, the project “your first EURES job” is aimed at jobseekers aged 18-25 and willing to move to another country for work or training. The project provides financial assistance for traveling for interviews, any training (like language courses), and even helps with your move. For more information on this, here’s the link.
EURES is a great resource, especially if you want to see more of the world, or just need help finding someplace to work. It has a massive network of employers just waiting to hire you, and will provide you with help and support along the way.